August 31 2021
Fall Hair Color Trends for 2021
The new season is almost here, and that means it’s time for a hair color change! Want to get ahead of the crowd and choose a trend-setting color that will get you noticed? The expert colorists at The Glam Room can help. We’re seeing a high demand for classic colors and gorgeous, high-dimension shades that you’ll want to try for yourself. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Creamy blonde. Fall is all about transitions, and this color is a great choice for blondes who want to move out of the bright summer blonde and slowly transition to a cooler shade. It works by blending in some platinum along with those warm traditional blonde shades for a final color that’s creamy and beautiful.
- Caramel highlights. Warm tones are a great way to lighten up your brunette for fall, and caramel highlights are a perfect choice that gives you just the right light reflection and tons of fabulous dimensions.
- Flaming red. Whether it’s a fantasy color or a natural-looking hue, the trend for red this season is bright and fiery, so this is the perfect shade for attention-getting color.
- Mushroom blonde. A gorgeous shade for fall, this ash tone color is a beautiful middle ground between blonde and brunette. The look is created with a mix of highlights and lowlights in shades of beige, blonde, and grey or silver.
- Classic brown. Fall is the perfect time to go with a warm, natural-looking shade, and we’re seeing plenty of demand for a beautiful classic brown. Warm-toned chocolate is a rich and incredibly fabulous color choice this season.
- Hollywood red. This color choice is a slightly darker, multi-shade color that looks fantastic with those long, classic waves and blowout styles. Bold and dramatic, this gorgeous old Hollywood color has a few brunette undertones with layers of glittering red and copper.
Choosing a new hair color is never easy because you’ll want a perfect color that looks great with your new fall wardrobe and that also fits with your own personal style. After all that careful color selection, you’ll want to be sure that your vibrant new color stays salon-fresh for as long as possible. That means following best practices to be sure your hair is soft and healthy-looking.
- Only use professional haircare products. Drugstore brands seem to be cheaper, but many are watered down and contain harsh ingredients that can damage your hair. Soft, healthy-looking hair is the key to great color, because a smooth, soft strand of hair reflects color better than a dry, frizzy strand. Professional-grade haircare products from top salon brands like Kerastase®, L’Oréal Professionnel®, Redken®, and Pureology® are formulated to keep your hair hydrated and healthy so your color looks vibrant.
- Avoid excess heat. Heat can dry out your hair strands, so keep heat exposure to a minimum by avoiding heated styling tools and turning down the heat in the shower whenever you rinse your hair.
- Shampoo less frequently. Too much shampooing can strip hair of oils that keep it healthy and moisturized. Again, dry, frizzy hair never holds a vibrant color as well as soft, silky locks.
- Condition often. Ask your Glam Room colorist to recommend the best conditioning products and professional conditioning treatments to keep your hair in its best shape for vibrant color and luxuriously soft strands.
- Follow professional advice. Your Glam Room colorist is an expert in haircare, and we’ll give you advice on keeping your color looking great before you leave our salon. Different shades may require different home haircare, so it’s important to follow the advice for your own shade, such as waiting before your first shampoo, so your hair color looks vibrant for as long as possible.
Get your new fall hair color today at The Glam Room! Make an appointment today and our expert colorists will help you choose the perfect shade to fit your personal style. You can find us at 308 Delaware Street in Kansas City or call 816-605-1949 to schedule your hair color appointment or schedule your appointment on our free mobile app, iTunes and Google Play. You can also order online and get all the professional products your professional Glam Room colorist has recommended to keep your new color looking vibrant – just visit our online store.